- 2 fresh oranges or grapefruit ~ segment fruit, set aside; reserve juice for dressing
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 cups baby greens (Mache’ or even arugula is perfect for this salad)
- 2 medium, ripe, red or heirloom tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium, ripe avocado, peeled, seeded, sliced or cubed
- 4 cups raw ahi tuna cubes (or, you may even use 2 small cans good-quality Italian canned tuna packed in olive oil; crumble into pieces)
- Additional sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Chopped toasted almonds, for serving
- Prepare vinaigrette by whisking reserved citrus juice in bowl with mustard.
- Gradually add enough oil, whisking constantly, until dressing is creamy; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare salad by placing greens evenly on each of four serving plates.
- Top greens artfully with tomato pieces, avocado pieces, fruit segments.
- Gently spoon tuna pieces over salad, and drizzle with vinaigrette.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and almonds to serve, or place almonds around salad on plate as garnish.
- Pass any reserved vinaigrette at table if desired.