Banana-Mango Bread: Ripe mangos and bananas blend beautifully to render quick bread loaves that give new meaning to bliss.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3-4 ripe bananas)
- 1 cup fresh mango puree (1 large ripe mango, peeled, pitted, cubed*)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Coat 2 large (9x5x3 or 8x4x2) loaf pans or 6 mini-loaf pans, with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer or by hand, cream butter with sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- In separate bowl, whisk eggs slightly, then add them to butter mixture, combining well.
- Puree banana with mango in blender or food processor; this video is excellent for how to handle mango!
- Once mango is cubed, simply add to bananas and puree until smooth and creamy.
- Combine banana-mango puree well into butter-egg mixture before adding dry ingredients.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt 3 times (this is one of the secrets to this recipe :), then add dry ingredients to batter.
- Make sure all ingredients are incorporated well; this may be done with the mixer or by hand. Do not overmix, just blend well.
- Pour batter into prepared pans, dividing batter as evenly as possible.
- For large loaves, bake for 50-60 minutes, or until loaves test done (toothpick inserted comes out clean). For small loaves, bake for 35-40 minutes. Loaves will be golden brown when done. Allow pans to cool on wire rack for at least 10 minutes before gently turning bread out of them, to enjoy!